Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sweet Roza


I have a little secret that I've been holding out on for quite a while and it's time I fessed up. Now I know boys find this subject disgusting yet fascinating at the same time, but we girls tend to talk about this a lot. I'm talking about hair removal; a hot topic among women especially in the summer when we find ourselves half naked most of the day. Anyhoo, in April I introduced you all to my little friend, the silk epil. While I swear by this product and continue to use it, I still visit the best waxer in town for the areas that are too dangerous to do on my own: Bikini and Eyebrows.

I discovered Roza about a year and a half ago when I was on my way to a waxing appointment at another spa. I noticed her little yellow sign on the side of the street on Bloor Street West and upon reading her prices, called and cancelled my appointment at the other spa on the spot. I headed up the stairs to Roza's Esthetics, a non-descript little spa tucked away on the second floor of a plaza in Bloor West Village. Her little shop is small and casual with no frills and fuss, but her prices are unbeatable and she is fast and efficient. A bikini wax costs approximately $11 and eyebrow threading is about $10. She took me in without an appointment and a few minutes later I emerged fuzz free with enough cash left over for a celebratory cappuccino down the street.

Roza is a very busy woman and it is not uncommon to wait a few minutes or have her thread your eyebrows while having a conversation on the phone. The first time this happened I was concerned however, upon inspecting my perfectly shaped brows I realized this woman is a pro and can multitask like nobody's business.

Roza's Esthetics
2323 Bloor St. W, Unit 205
Toronto
P: 416-767-7326

Pssst... tell her you heard it from chickadvisor!

No comments: