Monday, July 24, 2006

Peek-A-Boob


So I embarrassed myself today. Big meeting. Important people. My boobs. Here's how it all went down:

Last week, I bought this cute top at RW&Co, $45.00, to wear to business meetings. It's 100% cotton, sleeveless, and perfect for a hot summer day. This morning I had to present to a boardroom full of people. I shook hands with them all one by one, introducing myself. Suddenly I became aware of a breeze on my chest and casually looked down to see that my shirt had opened more than it's supposed to, revealing my bra. It was like, "Ali, meet *Bob. Bob, meet Ali's boobies." I discretely adjusted my top and sat down.

Midway through the presentation I felt the same cool sensation and discovered that sitting down made my shirt open all the more. There I was exposing myself to everyone across the table. I kept adjusting and readjusting myself while trying to do my presentation and appear calm and collected. Thankfully I was not alone in the meeting and my partners did a great job deflecting attention by discussing important things like spreadsheets.

After the presentation as we were leaving, the men got handshakes and I got a wink.

At least my husband likes the top.

*Names have been changed to protect their identity.

No comments: