Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ralph Lauren Pulls Plug on Caban


My Dear Caban,

How could you leave me this way? I bought my very first dining table from you. And my 4 matching chairs. My beautiful buttery leather cream loveseats. Heck, I even bought my bar stools from you! Yet after loyalty such as this you are leaving me?

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your going out of business signs. I rushed to the nearest salesperson and asked her with tears filling my eyes if it was true… that you were closing your doors forever.

"Yes, I'm afraid we are." The Caban Woman said.

"But why?" I asked.

"I don't know. We just are."

"But our whole apartment is Caban!!"

"I see." Caban Woman forces a smile.

"How did this all happen?!!?!"

"I don't know. I just work here. Listen is there something I can help you with?"

And that's pretty much how we found out that our beloved Caban, the home decor counterpart of Club Monaco by Ralph Lauren, is going out of business.

We tried to console ourselves with some retail therapy. Perhaps a funky chandelier at 20% off? Or those gorgeous thick bathrobes, we could get his and hers? But even the matching leather armchair for $459 couldn't ease the pain. Or the dinnerware at 40% off.

In the end we decided we would slowly stock up on Caban merchandise until the stores close forever in September.

*Sniff*

No comments: