Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Peeps, My Feet and a Foot File


Summer is all about feet. We trade sock lint for bare tootsies and flaunt the cutest footwear of the season. Our feet got a lucky break this year because wedges flats and sturdier heels are in, which are uber comfortable and don't get caught in street grates or cobblestone. I'm loving Peep Toe Heels right now like my Franco Sarto's above (Feet First, $99.97 on sale!).

While shoe styles come and go, one thing that NEVER goes out of style is nice soft feet. Unfortunately genetics are not on my side here as I have very dry heels which are ugly to look at and dangerous under the sheets. Pedicures can be embarrassing for me; watching the esthetician huffing and puffing as she buffs madly away while suggesting I make a weekly recurring appointment in order to keep them smooth. Sorry but until pedicures become $5 a pop, no can do.

That is why I was so excited when I discovered the Crystal Foot File at a little booth on Toronto Harbour Front. It is made of Bohemian Crystal and is eco-friendly, hygienic, and does not wear down or break the skin.

My feet have never been smoother. I also use it as a nail file for my fingers and toes. www.crystalfiles.com

No comments: