Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Product Police Part II: Dove Energy Glow


I would like to thank the fine people at Dove for giving me that "Hollywood Glow" and the Dermatologists who tested the product before putting it to market. I used it once and the "subtle self-tanners" quickly turned my skin a fresh shade of pumpkin. The streaks on my legs and forearms reminded me of Tony the Tiger. Boy, I look Grrrrreeat! Then this morning I awakened with the fresh glow of hives all over my back and torso.

I took a long shower hoping to wash the chemicals from my orange body as I scratched like a monkey.

Next stop: The Pharmacy downstairs for an anti-itch cream so I can get on with my day.




P.S If this happens to you, try Cortate Lotion. It's a smelly hydrocortisone solution but it works and is available without a prescription.

3 comments:

mckinnley said...

is it wrong of me to laugh?? I'm sorry you're an itchy tiger right now, that's not fun! Why don't we sit by the pool tomorrow and get a real tan????

Unknown said...

Ewww! Thanks for the warning. I was seriously considering trying this.

BubblyBunny said...

Wow...I can't believe this product is so crappy!! I usually love Dove products...soaps, body wash, hair stuff and even their skincare lines for the face!! Thanks for the warning!!

I hope your hives go away soon and you return to your normal healthy colour!!