Monday, January 22, 2007

70% off Sale at Mango

The sermon on Sunday said we should all try to live with less and avoid the consuming grip materialism has on our lives.

While I agreed whole heartedly with everything that was said, I couldn’t stop thinking about this gorgeous bag I spotted on a fashionable girl at the coffee stand that morning. I’d even asked her where she bought it and how much it was. “$50 on sale at Club Monaco”, she said. I nearly spilled my coffee in joy. What a bargain for such a gorgeous versatile piece!

I decided I’d have to check it out, but as the message went on, I started to feel a little guilty. While I don’t have a lot of clothes, I certainly think about having more of them every day. After all, it’s my job, no?

It doesn’t help that my school is across the street from one of the biggest shopping malls in Canada. Generally I’m pretty good at controlling myself, but today I found myself (somehow!) walking through the mall on my way home from school. Since I went ahead and did that I might as well tell you that there is a HUGE sale going on at Mango. I didn’t mean to go in there - or Sephora, or Club Monaco (bag was gone, dammit!), but when I saw the sale tables as I was attempting to leave the mall empty handed, I had no choice but to briefly pop in for a minute or 30.

If you need to stock up, go now! Cute tank tops for $6.99, gorgeous sweaters for $30.99, dresses, belts, jeans boots and bags galore. The whole friggin’ store is on sale. I behaved and only bought a couple of tank tops and a wool sweater vest I’d been looking for since fall ($25!).

When I got home I checked out their website and it turns out this sale is happening in all of their stores around the world as well as online. The store staff told me they are clearing everything out to make room for more European styles. Finally!

Just thought you might want to know…

No comments: