Monday, September 11, 2006

Stalking The Perfect Slouchy Boots

I met the slouchy boot in June when I was in Italy and fell in love on the spot. They were gorgeous round toe cowboy inspired boots in soft supple leather with beautiful cut-outs at the top. All the Italian women were wearing them, and they looked incredible with mini skirts and summery dresses. I was a fool to have not purchased the creamy pair I saw in Florence for 80 Euros right then and there.

This weekend I decided I would find Toronto's best version of my coveted boot. I stalked Yorkdale Mall, Queen Street and the Eaton Centre but came up empty and with sore feet. Aldo had a cute pair that were pretty comfortable, but they looked too trendy. I wanted to find a more classic take on the slouchy boot so I wouldn't have to donate them in a year from now.

Store after store, and several lattes and blisters later, still nothing compared to my Italian boots. I did, however stock up on loads of basics like the buy 1 get 1 50% off v-neck sweaters at Smart Set, and the $9 fitted t-shirts at Club Monaco. I bought a couple of Biotherm eyeshadows, their spf foundation and a few accessories, then remembered I was supposed to be buying boots and soldiered on (with my hubby carrying my bags. Hee Hee! )

It is now Monday and I have failed at my one task of buying boots this weekend.

Before I do any more credit card damage on spontaneous distracting purchases, does anyone know where my perfect boots are hiding? (Pretty please!)


Boots Pictured above are Dior Cannage Slouch Boot on eluxury.com

1 comment:

mckinnley said...

I wish I had some imput on where to find rockin' boots! I've been wanting a pair for a solid 6 months or more -long before I heard they were all the rage in Ital! ;) No headway yet. Hopefully with autumn in full swing there will be more boots in stores and less sandals. Happy hunting! And if Alex ever gets sick of carrying your bags, give me a call!!