Sunday, September 17, 2006

Feeling Like a Person Again

Alex outside Le Gourmand earlier this week for breakfast with computers (sad, I know)

I must say this has been a really fun weekend! Alex and I basically shut down our social lives for the past few months because we were busily working on ChickAdvisor, but this weekend we decided to breathe a little easier and have some fun!

On Friday, to cap off our busy week, we headed to Schmooze (think: cheap drinks, and a lot of bald heads), to help a friend celebrate her birthday. Despite the fact that we were exhausted we enjoyed being away from our computers and watching the bartenders light the bar on fire with lighter fluid. Who hoo!

When we came home, we quickly deleted the entry some thoughtful soul had put on ChickAdvisor for Anal Lube... thanks a lot buddy!

On Saturday we took in the Queen West Art Crawl where I tried to find an artist I met this summer at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibit. I discovered this jewelry maker who made gorgeous chainlink silver necklaces with chunky glass pendants. I fell in love with a heart shaped one that was all swirly with pink and red, but was too cheap to buy it at the time. Fool! I took her business card, then promptly lost it, and have been trying to track her down ever since. Anyhoo, she wasn't there so I didn't get my coveted necklace and I don't know if I'll ever find it again.

But, I did discover Hoi-An, who I'd heard of from a contestant from our first contest on RedFlagDeals, who makes the most adorable mini badge buttons, magnets and greeting cards with cheeky pictures and swear words that are sure to get a reaction. We bought one of her skull cigarette lighters for one of our coders, to remind him that smoking is bad.

Sunday we went to The Meeting House. If you ever want to be enlightened at the movies, you must check this out. It's a church that meets at movie theatres and displays the message via video (from Oakville). The lead pastor who delivers the message has long hippy hair and dresses casually, but I've never heard so much common sense in my life. Check it out - even if for nothing else than curiosity.

Tonight we just got back from hanging out with a group of dear friends at Lago where we made fun of each other, laughed and drank dirty martinis.

It's so nice to feel like a person again.

I'll try not to get used to it.. Back to computer land!

4 comments:

Ali Kat said...

Ali,
So happy you guys had a good weekend. I miss you and hope we can see eachother again soon. Mon just left, I was helping her find her way aroung the website and our blogs, she even know how to put a comment in now. Yeah for thechnology! We'll try and skype you tonite! TTYS

Ali Kat said...

I'm a terrible spell checker. Guess I was in a hurry. To clarify: Mon=Mom, aroung=around, and thechnology=technology (oops :o)

Anonymous said...

what's the matter with a listing for anal lube? sheesh. i thought this was about the people using chickadvisor, not you moderating everything.

Ali said...

Ooooh, was that yours?!

The item/review was flagged as inappropriate so we removed it same as any other website would.