Thursday, September 28, 2006

Freak'in Clean!



Today I experienced my very first clean from cleanfreaks.org, a Toronto based company that uses all natural and environmentally friendly products to make your home sparkle.

At first I was a bit embarrassed bringing two strangers into my home to deal with the filth we've accumulated this summer due to 30 hour coding sessions and running around without hardly any time to vacuum, but owners pink haired Danielle and purple haired Rob, quickly put me at ease about my messy abode, assuring me they'd seen much worse.

They whipped our place into shape in about 1 1/2 hours laughing and joking with me as they cleaned.

I loved the fresh smell of Danielle's home made teatree oil, lavender and water cleaner that she used on the mirrors. Teatree and lavender are natural cleaning agents, she explained, and you can easily make your own! She also uses micro-fibre cloths, which are more effective at removing bacteria and dust than anti-bacterial cleaners.



So what's the best way for a gal on the go to keep her place from turning into a dump?

#1. "Pretend your mother is coming over in 15 minutes" Danielle suggests. Do a quick tidy for 15 minutes every day putting stuff away. Clutter in a small space makes things look messier than they are.

#2. Keep your faucets shiny. Nothing says clean like gleaming faucets - even if they aren't that clean.

#3. Purge! If you have a lot of stuff, there are more places for dust to collect, which is largely responsible for allergies and musty smells.

#4. Get a small bin for papers, bills and other clutter that find their way out of the study and onto the dining room table. Chuck your papers into the bin and you can easily take it to the appropriate room.

Check them out on our deals page for an exclusive discount!


www.cleanfreaks.org

2 comments:

Ali Kat said...

So glad to see that mess cleaned up! Happy to hear you're doing th micro fibre thing. TTYL!

Ali said...

I can't believe you said that!! You told us you didn't think our place was messy, but now I know the truth!