Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Shopping or Tuition?


Thanks to the generosity of the Canadian Millennium Excellence Scholarship fund, I've just received notice that I've been awarded a $4000 scholarship! I'm a huge fan of this scholarship because it is based solely on marks - they don't give a hoot about my skin color, orientation or financial status.

But now I'm faced with a huge dilemma: I have to decide between "doing the right thing" and applying it towards my outstanding tuition fees (oopsies!), or take that puppy shopping! See, even though I dragged Alex out shopping all last weekend, I still have no boots or shoes for the fall/winter. How fantastic would a cute pair of Puma's be or those elusive slouchy boots? Come to think of it I still don't have diamond earrings and I desperately need a new gym membership...

Who am I kidding? I'll use it for school.. Though that does mean that the money we put aside for tuition can now be used for clothes! Oh, err, and the servers for ChickAdvisor.. And the legal fees for the incorporation... and the staff...Oh bugger!

Regardless, I am very grateful to the lovely people at the Millennium Excellence awards. You've definitely made my day!

If you are a student with good marks looking for an award that doesn't discriminate, apply here!. Applications for 2007 will be available shortly.

4 comments:

mckinnley said...

Congrats! That's FANTASTIC!!

BubblyBunny said...

Congrats on the scholarship. It's always nice to be rewarded for your hard work.

If I was in your shoes, I'd put the $$ towards tuition BUT I'd also make a point in treating myself to...say, a pair of nice slouchy boots. :P You've obviously worked hard in school and getting ChickAdvisor up and running was certainly no easy task. You definitely deserve this little treat!!

Ali said...

Thank you chickies!

Yes, unfortunately I'm going to have to use it for tuition (sigh!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Ali!! I am so delighted for you! You have worked very hard to get where you are. This is a fantastic encouragement from God. Talk to you soon.