Saturday, September 02, 2006

ChickAdvisor is Live!

I finally get my apartment back...
After many long hours, all nighters and turning my place into a crowded little make-shift office with giant post-it notes as wall paper, we officially flipped the switch at 5:43am this morning! She's ALIVE!
The reviews currently showing are from our first contest and we are actively collecting data to populate the entire site. You will notice that some categories have a lot more information than others, but that will soon change as we are about to launch another contest. Watch for it here or on ChickAdvisor.

Toronto is our first city, but we are working to expand as quickly as possible. If you'd like to get your city on ChickAdvisor, add as many reviews in the different categories as you can and get your friends to do the same!

The more you make it your own, the better it will be!

3 comments:

BubblyBunny said...

Hi Ali!

Congrats on the Chickadvisor website launch. I checked it out and it's FANTASTIC!

After visiting ChickAdvisor, I wanted to come here to congratulate you yesterday but your blog wouldn't load up. *gasp* I thought maybe you decided not to keep the blog after your site is launched. I'm so glad you are still here b/c I really enjoy all your posts and this has become part of my daily routine. :)

Best of luck with ChickAdvisor. I'm from the Ottawa area (originally Fredericton, NB), so I'll probably put up a few reviews of my own for both cities! :)

BubblyBunny

Ali said...

Awww, thanks! I really appreciate that. Yep, we've been working crazy hard for a while now. My blog is now redirected to www.misschickie.blogspot.com, which is probably why it disappeared for a bit. We want to launch as many cities as we can, so the more reviews we get for each city, the quicker we can launch those cities.

Keep us posted on your wedding plans.. so exciting and I do hope you will post pictures!

Ali said...

Thanks for checking it out! We're purposely displaying all reviews for now regardless of city so that you don't get the sense that your review has vanished into the abyss of webland.

As we launch new cities, we will automatically migrate over the new stuff and it will disappear from Toronto.

As for an American restaurant,um, that would be american food... That could be corn bread in North Carolina or Beer n' wings at any local Hooters. We didn't invent the categories they were already out there.

Thanks for your interest!