Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Skin Tips for Humid Weather


Welcome to August; the stickiest, sweatiest most polluted month of the year. With extreme heat waves and record-breaking smog levels, summer can sometimes lose a bit of its appeal. Sweaty armpits are never attractive, and unfortunately are often accompanied by another sticky-sweaty-polluted-time-of-the-year dilemma: Bad skin, breakouts... Zits. Dun dun dunnn!!! The heat and humidity trap dirt and oil in your pores, which cause ugly breakouts, blackheads and shiny oily skin.

Luckily, I have found a couple of natural easy-peasy solutions that really work.

First of all, always splash your face with cold water whenever you get to your destination. I've found that a quick rinse in the bathroom after being out in the elements really helps keep my pores clean and my skin zit-free.

Second, do a honey and egg mask once a week. About a teaspoon of natural honey and 1 egg white mixed together make a great cleansing mask that makes my skin look amazing. Mix it together and apply on your face using circular motions. Let it dry for about 5 minutes then rinse thoroughly.

I realize this may sound disgusting to some, but it really works! Just resist the temptation to lick it if it gets on your lips (you know, the whole raw egg thing), and avoid getting it in your eyes.

If you have any other skin tips for humid weather, please pass them on!

1 comment:

BubblyBunny said...

I keep a small bottle of the alcohol-free Lancome Toner in the fridge. Sometimes when I'm in a rush to go out after work and it's very humid outside, I like to use a cool toner to refresh my face before heading out again. The toner is great b/c it gives me a comforting clean feeling and it keeps my face moisterized at the same time. But as I said, I only keep a small amount in the fridge since I'm not sure if the toner can be refridgerated. I don't think it'll hurt but that Lancome stuff is too expensive to ruin by my experimentation. But so far, I have no problem with it. :)