Friday, June 09, 2006

Lovin' Elixir Spa


I have a confession to make: I've been eating loads of chocolate, skipping lunch, surviving off lattes, and the lowest blow of all; I've missed 5 of my 8 yoga classes in the last two months. Now I realize that is a recipe for bad skin, and all sorts of health and body issues, but I have a perfectly valid excuse, in that I've been building my own company and that takes a lot of time and effort. I've literally been hooked up to my laptop from 9am until 1am, although admittedly I do squeeze in Y&R and Oprah between 4 and 5:30.

My last physical was ten days ago. My doctor gasped when he saw me, asked if I was purposely trying to lose weight, and started scribbling away this and that on his notepad. Bless his heart. I must admit I didn't fill any of the prescriptions. Instead, I talked to my pharmacist who suggested I beef up the nutrition in my diet and try to cut down on stress. Since the stress comes with the job, I decided I would eat more greens, beens and blueberries and get more sleep. I'm doing great on the blueberries but that's about it. Making a decent lunch and sleeping long hours takes too much time, I'm sorry. So I've been looking rather haggard these days and I know it's all my fault.

Yesterday I was scanning my emails and came across a promotion from my favorite spa, Elixir, for a facial, pedicure and eyebrow wax for the price of a facial. READ: All 3 for $90! It was like the clouds parted and the sun came down. I read it twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming, then picked up the phone and called immediately to book an appointment. Turns out it was all true and this afternoon I spent 2 1/2 hours being pampered from head to toe; exactly the destressing me-time I needed. I chose the Manuka Honey facial since it is designed for acne-prone skin, which I suffer from in the chin area. Everything they use is 100% natural and organic, so if a little bit of your mask happens across your lips and you just happen to lick it just a little bit, it is yummy! They massaged my eyes, face neck, arms and hands to the point where I almost fell asleep.

My eyebrow wax was perfection. I'm always worried when someone new does my brows that I will end up looking over-plucked with an enormous forehead, but I was thrilled with the way they turned out. The pedicure was the best I've ever had. The esthetician really took her time buffing away my uber dry heels, and recommending the perfect polish and organic tropical tea to drink while she toiled.

If you are interested in taking advantage of this deal it's only on for this weekend. If you miss it, get on their mailing list and they will fill you in on these deals about once a month.

Happy pampering!

www.elixirspa.ca

3 comments:

Ali said...

Awww... Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Ali,
I was the girl getting the pedi at elixir with you. Your blog is great! Can't wait for chick advisor to launch. I'll be a regular vistor for sure...

Ali said...

Thanks Aylia! That was fun, wasn't it? Have an amazing trip!