Saturday, June 17, 2006

Bella Tuscany!


Something incredible has happened and I can hardly believe it. Yesterday afternoon my husband, Alex calls me up and says, “What would you think of going to Tuscany for a week because we’re leaving on Sunday.”

Alex works for a luxury travel company that specializes in active trips around the world. His boss (Chris, you’re my hero!) is sending us to Tuscany tomorrow for 7 days of biking through hills, visiting local vineyards, learning how to make fresh pasta, and eating the mouth-watering confections of Michelin Chefs. Oops! I forgot to mention we will be bedding down in 5 Star hotels. Nice.

Now, you probably all hate me and believe me, I feel just as badly about accepting this trip as you do reading about it. I wish I didn’t have to go, but it is my duty to accompany my husband on his very important business trip so he can fully appreciate the inner-workings of his company. With my moral support and guidance he will become a stronger team player who will gain a better understanding of the core of the luxury travel business. Sampling the local Chianti’s and learning about the different varieties of olives will empower us both with a deep knowledge that we can go out and share with the world. And I will share people. I will make it my um, philanthropic duty to help people learn about Tuscany. I may be asked to speak at conferences or become a motivational speaker: “It could happen to you!” Hmmm… I’ll try and set aside some time for that when I return.

Er,or not.

In the mean time, Ciao Bella!

P.S Pictures coming soon!

www.butterfield.com

No comments: