Monday, October 16, 2006

Oh My! What a Dirty Purse You Have!


A friend of mine recently told me something about handbags that every woman should consider. Think about all of the places you plop down your purse: On the kitchen counter, on the floor of a public washroom, in a grocery cart, in a gym change room and if you're a mother, on a restroom diaper change table.

Now how many of you go home and wipe off the bottom of your bag before you put it back in the closet? Not me! While my bags have touched every one of these groady surfaces (and often!), I've never wiped them down and worse; I usually chuck them on the table or counter when I get home. Just think about all of the bacteria that's been collected. Yummy!

Last spring, CBS3.com tested the bacteria found on the bottom of the average bag and the results are horrifying: "We found pseudomonas, staphylococcus aureus, e-coli family and we also found salmonella... Pseudomonas can cause eye infections, staphylococcus aureus can cause serious skin infections and salmonella and e-coli found on the purses can make you very sick."

I'm thinking I'll never put my bag on the floor again!

Oh! And if you think that's gross you'll probably never wear outdoor shoes inside the house ever again either because shoes have it worse.

1 comment:

mckinnley said...

Ew ew ewwwwww!

Thanks for posting this!