Friday, October 27, 2006

Busted! Misschickie Breaks the Law for a Plate of Brownies


This morning I was running some errands and stopped by my husband's office to drop off his phone that he forgot, and some brownies I made to bribe his coworkers into adding stuff for my website - er, I mean, just for the heck of it.

Because his office doesn't have any parking whatsoever, there was nowhere legal for me to park the car temporarily. I couldn't unlock Alex's treo to call him to come down to the car because I forgot the password and I didn't have my cell phone with me either.

So, I broke the law. I parked in a little mini driveway beside his building that dead-ended at a chain link fence, which was padlocked and didn't look like it'd be opening any time soon. I admit there were signs everywhere that said no parking, but I only needed a minute. I put my hazards on and ran inside.

I was literally inside for 3 minutes but when I came back to the car I was attacked by two furious old ladies. Apparently that chain link fence does open and their car was trying to get out.

"You almost got ticketed and towed away, you know!" The first biddy bellowed.

"That's right", chimed in biddy #2, "We called the Police on you!"

The Police? Whatever happened to the good 'ole parking ticket guy?

I apologized profusely and told them I just ran in to drop something off. "I don't care why you did it!! You had no right to park there! We couldn't get out because of you!"

"The Police are on their way!" shrieked biddy #2.

Okee dokee. Clearly they were not feeling my apology. I got in the car and sped away. I passed 2 policemen on the way home and my heart was racing. Then I realized how ridiculous the whole thing was and laughed all the way home.

I know it was inconsiderate of me to park in a no parking zone, but please. I'm sure the police have better things to do with their time. Such Drama!

I bet those old ladies scolded about it for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments: