Monday, November 06, 2006

NOW Lounge Fails the Latté Factor



Café hopping is one of the few pleasures I have left in life since I became a workaholic. I love the music, the fact that my frothy beverage messes up someone else's hard to clean cappuccino maker instead of my own, and I get to observe people who have a life.

However, if the music is bad or worse, the coffee is bad I start to feel resentful. Like today for instance. I first went to the Bulldog Coffee near campus, which was recommended to me by a fellow student who shared my love of good coffee, but the tiny little place was quite crowded and I didn't want to take up a seat for the 1 1/2 hours I needed. So I went down the street several blocks to NOW Lounge.

At first it all looked good. Lots of space, comfortable seating, nice lighting, but my latté was terrible so I promptly wrote a review about it on C.A, "While I salute NOW Lounge for the free Internet access and comfortable environment/funky music, I spit upon your lattes. For starters, no Lactose-free milk, 2nd, this is the yuckiest latte I've ever had and the barista made it so overflowing, I've already spilled on my jeans. I've been here a few times before but never ordered coffee. I won't order coffee here again..." And so on, and so forth.

I just feel mislead. If you're going to have a cappuccino machine of that caliber behind the counter, the drinks d@mn well better be good!

I knew I should have gone to B Espresso Bar. I'm sorry I strayed!

It won't happen again.

No comments: