Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Diapers and Dolls and Toys, Oh My!


For the past week our apartment has been taken over by something other than computers and programmers. Family!! To be exact, 7 family members, 3 of whom were under 7 years old. I had no idea my apartment could even get that messy or I could be that tired.

Barbies and toy cars everywhere and the smell of diapers in the air, I don't know how my sister does it and still looks so fabulous. I enjoy my auntie-hood very much and we had a lot of fun skating, swimming and seeing the sites but I had no idea how much work and how little sleep is involved with small children. I truly believe mothers have the toughest job of all.

Still, they've just left and I already miss hearing my toddler nephew pleading, "I tooo!" when he wanted to be included in something and the baby drooling and gurgling all over me with a huge grin on his chubby little face and my niece who has just learned to skate saying in her sweet tiny southern accent, "Ahm faahn" (I'm fine) every time she fell down and picked her self back up with a smile determined to become a better skater.

This morning I dropped my Mom off, the last of my cherished visitors. I'm exhausted but I can't wait to do it all over again.

1 comment:

mckinnley said...

Sweet! Sounds like you had fun. I can't wait to see my family in a few weeks! (But I'm pretty happy there'll be no children around!)