Friday, April 27, 2007

NYC: Here we come!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never been to New York, but as of this weekend, that will no longer be the case!

Alex and I try to get away every year for a few days to unwind and have some fun. This last year has been insane and we've had very little down time. So, when I came across a fantastic deal on Expedia, I planned a surprise trip to New York for his birthday! I tried to make the whole thing a surprise: I secured his vacation time, booked everything and last night, packed our bags. The plan was to tell him where we were going when we got to the airport and he wouldn't have to lift a finger. Well, that was until this morning when he received a phone call from a mutual friend suffering from a terrible bug - who knew this was supposed to be a surprise - and in a cold medication induced fog accidentally announced, "And when you're in New York this weekend, you MUST check out the following restaurants...". Oh well, she meant well.

So the beans are spilled, but we're both really excited for the trip! The hardest part will be controlling myself with the shopping. I look forward to that challenge ;)

3 comments:

BubblyBunny said...

Hahah...sorry to hear your surprise was spoiled but it's really the thought that counts. :) As for the shopping, one way to control yourself is that you are there for Alex's b-day and so (assuming Alex doesn't like shopping) you shouldn't spend ALL your time shopping. Maybe only 75%. Hahaha....

Have fun in NYC!!

Ali said...

You said it! That was exactly what I told myself. Let's see if it sticks :P. Thanks BB!

Claire said...

wish I was there too! neat pic.