Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Baghaus "Designer Inspired" Bags

Baghaus is for the girl who loves the look of designer bags but isn't willing to give up her grocery budget for a month (or several) to pay for one.

The schtik on their website says these aren't your typical knock-off bags you'd find on the street. They are quality well-made handbags that just happen to look like your favourite designer bags - and they do look mighty similar.

You can shop by celebrity style or look alike brand so if you've been lusting after a certain lesportsac bag, you can snag one that looks just like it for a fraction of the price.

With average prices around the $40- $50 mark, I think it's at least worth investigating, however, I wonder how all of the designers whose creations "inspired" all of these bags feel.

What do you guys think? Would you buy one of these or would you rather go for the designer label?

3 comments:

mckinnley said...

Personally, I just don't understand spending craploads of money for a "name brand." I WILL fork over a decent amount for an item that I deem worthy -unique attractive, well made. Knock offs are stupid. If you're buying it simply for the brand then why would you want a fake? If you like the bag just because it's cute then sure, go for the knock off.

Make-up Junkie said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for this post! I've been wanting a Marc Jacobs bag for the longest while. Hey - I'm not afraid to buy a knock-off. If I don't have the funds then why not? It'll have to do for now until I can get the real thing. I'm so excited!

degsies said...

i refuse to spend craploads of money for the brand. if i like some thing, i like it, cheap or expensive, knock-off or name brand. the big guys are money makers anyways, so i have no hard feelings about lining someone else's pockets.