Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Far Coast: A New Favorite Cafe





I finally had a chance to check out this fabulous new cafe on Bloor Street West + St. Thomas St. I just picked up my fashion week passes from the Intercontinental Hotel and needed a spot to do a little studying for a major test tomorrow (which clearly I am not doing as I type this!!). As I ran along the street in the cold fighting every urge to pop in one of the warm inviting stores and just go shopping, I spotted this place across the street with it's huge windows and funky decor that I could see from far away.













I'm really glad I checked it out. It's so adorable! Fresh aqua walls, hardwood floors, eclectic mismatched furniture, comfy couches and lots of little nooks to read a book or get a little work done.

I'm having the Raspberry Roobois Tea, which tastes like hot fresh raspberries. There's lots of room in this two level cafe and it's easy to sit here for hours people watching and avoiding studying, which is so dull by comparison. The only problem with this location is fighting the temptation to go shopping.

Hmmm... that reminds me, what on earth am I going to wear to Fashion Week??


2 comments:

BubblyBunny said...

Nice cafe! I'll have to remember to check it out next time I'm town! :)

I received the Ballbuster and Transition Man in the mail yesterday! Thank you so much!! The transition man was a real nice surprise and it smells awesome. I haven't tried the soap but I love the Ballbuster. My hands feel so smooth and silky!!

Thanks a lot for sending me the goodies!!

BubblyBunny

degsies said...

aqua walls - thanks!! i've been needing inspiration for what to paint our basement once it's done.