Sunday, May 28, 2006

Favorite Products Part 1: Hair and Skin

Just as I enjoy a good complaining session over products and services that make me mad, I believe it is equally important to mention those that reflect money well spent. I am constantly reviewing hair and skincare products so this is only the beginning…

1. Bumble and Bumble Styling Lotion

My hair is naturally straight and thick, but my individual strands are very fine. This makes my hair difficult to style because it doesn’t have any natural wave. A few spritzes of this stuff and my hair responds wonderfully to blow dryer and curling iron alike. For once, the label is accurate. It says, “For amazing combability, the perfect amount of volume and hold – excellent for heat styling fine, delicate or processed hair.” Amen.


2. Wild Sage Rose Geranium Face Lotion

Wild Sage creates natural herbal skin care for those of us that don’t want to use chemicals on our skin. I was introduced to this little gem by the owner of Elixir Spa. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and often found it hard to find lotions that didn’t make my skin gleam in a very bad way within 30 minutes. The Rose Geranium face lotion combines Jojoba oil, rose petals, chamomile, strawberry leaves, geranium, grapefruit seed extract, and a few others into a light delicate facial lotion that makes my skin look fresh and healthy. It is available at Elixir Spa or online.


3. Johnson’s softlotion 24 hour Moisturizer

This moisturizer is by far the best body lotion I’ve ever used. It really keeps my skin soft and smooth all day long. I normally have very skin on my legs and feet but since I started using this lotion my skin has been remarkably moisturized without the oiliness that usually accompanies heavy lotions and creams.


4. SeaVital Aloe Vera Gel made with Dead Sea Minerals

This was given to me by a friend to help with a bit of eczema/psoriasis I get from time to time. Normally I just get a few patches on my torso, but this year I got a bit at the corners of my mouth. It looked like I was eating spaghetti with tomato sauce and forgot to wipe my mouth. Very sexy. I’ve tried steroid creams in the past, but didn’t want to put that near my mouth, plus they are not good for your skin. I wanted to try a natural solution.

SeaVital uses Dead Sea Minerals, plant extracts and vitamins in all of their products, which are natural healing agents.Their Aloe Vera Gel is light and non-greasy with a calming subtle fragrance. I used it every day for less than a week and the red blotches from my mouth disappeared. It’s been 3 weeks and they haven’t come back. I also found this nice to use after sun exposure. It calms the skin and helps take out the redness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!

Love your "dishing" and also your exclaiming over certain products. The Wild Sage Rose Geranium lotion sounded lovely and I'm always looking for quality natural products (the more I find out about the CRAP that's put in most products... *shudder*)

Anyhow, I was highly disappointed to discover that the Wild Sage website doesn't deliver to Canada!! The only way I can get products is at Elixir spa, and they only have a limited selection at highly inflated prices! Oh well...

Really, I think the point of this message is that I just wanted to say HI... "hi!!"

Missing you,
-mckinnley.

Ali said...

Ya the prices at Elixir are a bit steep for these products. Probably because they have to import them. But the good thing is I find you have to use very little at a time so they last a while :)