Monday, May 14, 2007

Building Your Own MAC Eyeshadow Quad




I've been using MAC eyeshadow for as long as I can remember. I recently bought a few new eyeshadows and was informed that you get a better deal when you create your own quad vs. buying the eyeshadows individually. Each eyeshadow is about $16 or so, but if you buy the quad case ($4.50) and the quad inserts ($12.50 each) instead, you save money. They are magnetic and pop right in - you don't have to buy the pre made quad color combos.

I was a bit confused at first when she explained this to me but, the quad inserts are the same size as the regular eye shadows and come in all the same colors - all it is, is different packaging. The quad shell is also part of their recycling program, which, by the way, I was told, has now been extended to include eyeshadows and one of their lip gloss'.

MAC eyeshadows are fabulous to apply and blend without getting blotches of darker color here and there that you can get from cheaper eyeshadows. They also stay put and are less prone to those dreaded crease marks that appear on your eyelids halfway through the day.

No comments: