Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Siesta in Mango

I’m in love with Mango. When the first store opened in the Eaton Centre last year, I almost cried. You see, I had a relationship with that store before they opened in Canada. Yes, I had already familiarized myself with those beautifully fitted jackets, swishy skirts, and flirty feminine tops a long time ago… well actually last May during my honeymoon in Spain. After happening upon it during a late afternoon stroll when all other stores were closed for Siesta, I knew I was in love. Two floors of gorgeous, reasonably priced items… I was in girly girl heaven!
At first my husband played along, giving me feedback on various outfits. We were on our honeymoon, after all! No one bickers during those first weeks of wedded bliss! After that, I was hooked, and every day during Siesta, I casually suggested we take a walk down the street that Mango happened to be on. On about the third day in a row of going to Mango, my husband caught on to my plan, and tried to put a stop to it. Alas! It didn’t work. I reminded him that it’s hard to find deals like that in Canada, and, to think of all the money we were saving by replenishing my wardrobe here… a one stop shop! Who could argue with such a logical argument? My husband. He was like, "blah blah blah... honeymoon... blah blah... should be exploring... blah blah blah... wasting our time... blah blah ...in a store”. Now there is a Mango store walking distance from our apartment. Now, there is nothing he can do to stop us from being together! And that’s what I call sweet revenge!

No comments: