Sunday, April 02, 2006

Say Hello to my Little Friend

Before the silk epil entered my life, I was nothing; I was a shadow of a woman (that is…there was shadow on my legs). A slave to my monthly wax, I spent thousands of dollars whisking those pesky hairs away… only to have them grow back within a week or less. I would have lovely, smooth legs for such a fleeting moment, it was like they were taunting me: “You’d better flirt with your man now, because at the stroke of midnight, your legs will revert back to their natural ape-like state.”

You may wonder why I didn’t just shave? Fools! It is wrong to hurt those you love…and having sharp tiny needles on one’s legs is a guarantee that you will injure your loved one. You could also say, “but, what about laser removal?” Nope… too expensive. Moving on.

One fortuitous day I happened upon the silk epil epilator in the appliance section at The Bay. For under $80.00 I really couldn’t refuse. My monthly waxes were running me $50 a month and this was a guarantee to save money....and hairy embarrassment.

After a couple of glasses of red wine and perhaps, a little bit of Tylenol, it really didn’t hurt too badly. With it’s vibrating technology, it’s like your legs get a little bitty massage while it plucks your hairs out by the root. I was ecstatic to discover it could also be used for the bikini area.

I now use my little friend whenever I want. If I want to freshen up my legs before a night out, no problem. A few minutes later, and presto! Perfectly smooth legs. If you are afraid to try it because you think it will be too painful, fear not. It really isn't that bad… And when you think of the benefits… it’s kind of a no brainer. Isn’t it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm ... what the hell am i doing here reading this !!!

lol !

"my little friend" would be an Intel Pentium D Dual Core Processor 930 ... :p

Ali said...

I'm so glad to see you educating yourself about women's needs... Might I suggest you pick one up for your girlfriend's next birthday... or a special anniversary? You'll definitely get some lovin' for that! ;)

Anonymous said...

hmmm, this "women's stuff" thingy might prove be more useful that it my first seem ;) ....

**puts on a wicked grin and continue reading**

Ali said...

See I get ingrowns no matter what. Shaving for me is the worst. I think with ingrowns, you either get them or you don't -depends on your skin. The best I can suggest is to exfoliate a lot to get rid of dead skin cells, which help make ingrowns possible, and use an astrigent or toner afterwards. Probably the only way to avoid them permanently would be electrolysis.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the skinny on the silk epil. I'm going to give it a try and see if I can cut a few seconds off my lap times in the swimming pool. :-)